Tuesday 18 November 2014

Christmas Bauble Tutorial 2014



Christmas Decoration Tutorial All four


I had to do this ... after several trials with felt and cardboard I discovered the craft foam ... I had bought some about 10 years ago and it was lying in my paper stash drawer since then waiting for this moment. What could be better? felt, craft foam and thread, oh an a hand operation on my right hand. I have probably delayed recovery by stubbornly making these, but I had already promised I would design some new ones this year and felt duty bound. My operation was for a trigger release on my middle finger which I have needed for months. It has made doing what I do very very hard for all that time, getting increasingly painful and stiff. All I have now is a small healing wound and hopefully less pain and more agility in my hand, before the next operation on my pointy finger on the same hand ... sorry index finger. So the execution is not perfect but I did my best ...

Enough moaning! This tutorial is now available on the website and is for all four decorations with full instructions, stitch library, templates, and stitch guides. 
It has been a busy month too ... Christmas orders are rolling in (thank you to all who have toiled for me while I have been less able!) 

And I now think I can reveal that i am supplying THE NATIONAL TRUST! Yes it is true! Or have I already said ... anyway do let me know if any of you spot one of the kits or Interactive Stationery in a NT property near you! I don't get out much you see ...

ALSO! I am shutting up shop on DECEMBER 10th, so no orders after that date. 

Christmas Decoration Tutorial Bauble 1



Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Cat

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 3

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 2 and 3

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 3

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 1

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 2

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 2

Christmas Decoration Tutorial ... Bauble 3

28 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous, Nancy! Glad to hear you have had your finger sorted, and delighted to hear your news about the National Trust! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! Thanks for that! Yes, not entirely happy with my finger as it is still so stiff, but I am impatient for a miracle cure! Time will tell. Do you have any time to stitch a couple of the new kits for me? I appreciate it is a busy time of year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful, all this stitches and wonderful colours!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work! I like all of them, but the cat is especially cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these! Perhaps the difference in English and US terms but where did you use the craft foam?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you criative wool work. You can help me how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I have clicked on the "website" for the tutorial; however, it notes "not found." Does the link still work?
    I am new to your blog, thank you for sharing your artistic talent--- greetings from Texas USA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful embroidery - I was trying to find the tutorial but the link doesn't seem to be working, is it no longer active.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, Thank you for letting me know ... we have changed the website so the link was no longer working! I have fixed it so it will take you there now!

      best wishes Nancy

      Delete
  9. Love love love these! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your designs are enchanting...so lovely. Cats have such individual personality!
    Glad I found you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth! Hope you enjoy making some of the projects!

      Best wishes
      Nancy

      Delete
  11. Is this tutorial still available somewhere? These are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are on the website www.nancynicholson.co.uk under DOWNLOADS

      Best wishes nancy

      Delete