Wednesday 31 July 2013

Country Living Article SEPTEMBER 2013

Kitchen
Well here it is, more about the cottage than the business but very pretty none the less. This was photographed before I had even had the first prototypes for the kits printed. The Pigeon being started ... then it got put in a cupboard because everything started to get rather busy. But working on it again now, and I think it has found a home before it has even been finished! It does not look like this now, in fact so much has changed, and amazingly I do not live in this sort of lazy idyll at all, mooching about stitching in the garden! whatever next!

It would be great if this feature gives me a bit of a surprise one way or another ... I have already had one come to think of it. Last night my call for a Girl Friday was answered in the shape of Sarah who is coming to help me once a week! I am really excited about having her here and I think it will be great fun and certainly extremely helpful! I hope I can help her too, starting with learning to crochet!


My desk and living room from the other end

Living Room and details of studio

BedroomHallway

11 comments:

  1. this looks rather lovely Nancy, I do love a reason to buy Country Living.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article looks lovely - but then it has good subject matter. I love seeing pictures of you working on your lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only got my copy of Country Living yesterday as its available slightly later here in France. I enjoyed the article,your home is lovely,lived-in and cosy...I could move straight in :)
    I came to your log some time ago via Lucy,Attic 24 and I immediately fell in love with your Cat Stitch Kit.I intended to put it on my wish list ( birthday in June) or just order for myself,then the idea got forgotten as I immersed myself in crochet,painting and attempting to resurrect and re-learn my knitting 'skills'.
    So now I've caught up with your blog again...hope,you are well now and really recovered from your op...you sound busy,so you must be feeling good !
    I'm off to order my cat kit now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, please forgive late reply, but it is all go here. Thank you for your kind comments. It is a cosy place but rather idealized in the article. It is FREEZING in winter and nothing works but that is part of it's charm I suppose. I have got used to this way of living now.

      Yes I am quite recovered though still tired sometimes. Good Luck with your Cat Kit! I am working on some new designs now so keep checking the blog!
      N xxx

      Delete
  4. Excuse me,that should have been 'blog'...of course .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this article before I found your blog! I was very taken with the quilt design - is the pattern available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo!
      I made this as a marriage quilt for us, and I sort of made up the design so I could do it on the machine. I was making quilts for a living at the time ... may do a blog post on them soon. But basically I constructed large equilateral triangles alternatively using bigger or smaller triangles then pieced it all together. Very easy and quick on the machine. Hope this is helpful! N xxx

      Delete
    2. And my cat embroidery Kit has just arrived (very quick!) so I'm going to start on it immediately! Would you recommend using a hoop?

      Delete
    3. Hi Jo!
      Personally I do not use a hoop as I like the freedom and speed of holding the work in my hand, but some like the hoop. I always worry about damaging the embroidery when moving it to different areas. I would recommend trying both methods and seeing where your happy place is. xx

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful cottage, Nancy. I will eagerly look out for this issue of Country Living ... we're only up to the July issue here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete